Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SEMESTER

3 posters

Go down

NEW SEMESTER Empty NEW SEMESTER

Post by Sparkles Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:53 am

Winter break was way too damn short. And I didn't see enough Dragon Age: Origins. Buuut, how's it going for everyone? I'm actually kinda happy for my classes, despite the fact that my Psych teacher, who was supposed to be really sweet, died last Friday. Talk about last minute rush. Also, there was this dude who said his favorite actor was David Tennant and after talking to him for a while I felt the need to jump him and do naughty stuff. Started watching The Graduate in my U.S. History After 1877 class, so that's a pretty sweet start. And then my speech class is filled with people who want to go into criminal justice, so if all goes wrong with college I have a few people to get my ass out of trouble after I'm caught selling druuugs.

[bored]

y tu?

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

NEW SEMESTER Empty Re: NEW SEMESTER

Post by MehgoMeh Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 am

I'm exhausted already D:

First day was fine, I have a better figure drawing teacher this time around.
I know I'll hate my Tuesdays.
8:30-11:30am I have my world religions class. And it's full of interior design twats. Guh.
Then I only get an hour to myself and eat lunch :[
12:30pm-3:30 Intro to digital imaging. And it's just a giant...."meeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
3:30-4:45pm is my anthropology class. It's pretty awesome. Gotta admit.
I have the stereotypical college hippie teacher that's all like "Down with capitalism blah blah" stuff. I was laughing the entire class and him because I felt like I was in a movie or something. And the people in it are sweet too. And it's my first class I've ever taken with my bf.... And we've been dating since high school. It's so weird.
MehgoMeh
MehgoMeh
Rock
Rock

http://mehgomeh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Yo, who be the teacher? I'll make sure to try and get him/her next time. xD I don't have figure drawing this semester. But damn you sure have a lot of classes for one day. o_o

I didn't wanna come to school so early, but this semester I have a pretty early schedule. Woke up around 5:30 AM the first day then drove down there by 7:30 AM to catch class at 8:30 AM for Drawing II, then I have an hour lunch break. After that I have Intro to Illustration at 12:30 PM. Oi oi. Wasn't so bad but the Illustration class teacher sure gave me a lot of homework which is due today. ._. Been working my butt off making 25 drawings. -_- I'm running kinda dry of ideas here. >.>
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MehgoMeh Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:45 am

I have Gypsy Schindler. She's really cool, I like her alot.
Yeah, my Tuesdays are shitty, but I don't mind the rest of my week.

Who do you have for Intro to Illustration?
Molly? My roommate might be in your class....
MehgoMeh
MehgoMeh
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:04 pm

MehgoMeh wrote:I have Gypsy Schindler. She's really cool, I like her alot.

xD I have her for Drawing II. Yeah glad I picked her. I asked an upperclassmen who I should get and she recommended Schindler. Both my Tuesdays and Thursdays suck. I have to spend pretty much an hour to get there just to attend a 1 and a half hour class. The fact that my history class is now broken up into two sessions on two different days makes it seem longer, but it was the only one left available. =| I'm gonna be a hawk next time I sign up for classes. xD I hate this shitty schedule.

Yes! I have Molly Corriveau. I dunno first impression was not so good but the second day turned out to be better. But I'm not sure on the expectations of the class. We had a fast critique and I thought she would be harder on us. I kinda wish she was because that was the impression I got at first. Overall I was expecting more of my peers to be a lot better drawers then they were like say in Figure Drawing. xD If no one is gonna be hard on me, I'm just gonna be hard on myself. ._.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MehgoMeh Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Nifster wrote:
MehgoMeh wrote:I have Gypsy Schindler. She's really cool, I like her alot.

xD I have her for Drawing II. Yeah glad I picked her. I asked an upperclassmen who I should get and she recommended Schindler. Both my Tuesdays and Thursdays suck. I have to spend pretty much an hour to get there just to attend a 1 and a half hour class. The fact that my history class is now broken up into two sessions on two different days makes it seem longer, but it was the only one left available. =| I'm gonna be a hawk next time I sign up for classes. xD I hate this shitty schedule.

Yes! I have Molly Corriveau. I dunno first impression was not so good but the second day turned out to be better. But I'm not sure on the expectations of the class. We had a fast critique and I thought she would be harder on us. I kinda wish she was because that was the impression I got at first. Overall I was expecting more of my peers to be a lot better drawers then they were like say in Figure Drawing. xD If no one is gonna be hard on me, I'm just gonna be hard on myself. ._.

Guh, art history blowsssss.
I'm fortunate enough to have gotten 3 credits in high school so I don't have to take 4 but only 3 semesters of it.

Molly is fine, I liked her. Her and Jon have beef though, you'll hear about it all the time. One of them if either going to quit or get fired because theirs this huge amount of drama going on in the illustration department. They should really have a Kendall reality show.

My intro Illustration class was really all over the place. Most people there had really distinct styles so it was hard to judge. I was actually pissed at myself because everything of mine to pseudo realistic so I had a hard time working in a really free for all class. Alot of the people I thought were on the lacking of talent side (to say the least) were in my Illustration2 class and like, had gotten alot better.

Oh, yeah, btw, illustration 2 is all realism and copying from images. I really really really disliked it. Nothing is more boring to me than drawing pictures of myself.
MehgoMeh
MehgoMeh
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:43 am

Ugh. This reminds me of the high school drama I had during senior year. Huge shit going on in the art department too. Dude, I think reality shows with art kids would be epic. EPICCC with three C's if they included teachers. Or just be stupid like The Hills. >_> I mean, there would be back-stabbing, brutal critique, competition, raeg between the departments, drugs, etc.

I know there's a point between distinct style and just bad drawing. I saw bad drawing mostly. I mean this is just the beginning so maybe people are rusty or can't punch out a really good sketch in ten minutes I dunno.

Aw man, Illustration 2 sounds... super laym. D: Copying from images? How does that teach anything? Is it all traditional work? Did all you draw were pictures of yourself mostly? I hope not. I'm not too fond of self-portraiture, did enough in high school.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MehgoMeh Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 am

Lol, I think if art kids had they're own reality show, it would be on par with the Hills. There aren't enough Jersey Shore-like kids in the art field xD

My problem is I think I suck at sketching. Whenever I had to do thumbnails I was like "dur hur, this blob thing it a chair and that stick thing is a person." lolololol

Yeah, I didn't enjoy Illustration 2 art wise, but Jon MacDonald is a great guy and my class was good. We did five projects, first two were colored pencil portraits (self and celebrity), then two watercolor landscapes and then two oil paintings, one a portrait and then we had to start a fantasy piece. Most people didn't finish. The one project I was pumped for too. And yeah...
I've used the projectors for every project in that class, which I love the projectors, but I really really really got bored from just copying photos constantly.
MehgoMeh
MehgoMeh
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:04 pm

MehgoMeh wrote:Lol, I think if art kids had they're own reality show, it would be on par with the Hills. There aren't enough Jersey Shore-like kids in the art field xD

My problem is I think I suck at sketching. Whenever I had to do thumbnails I was like "dur hur, this blob thing it a chair and that stick thing is a person." lolololol

Yeah, I didn't enjoy Illustration 2 art wise, but Jon MacDonald is a great guy and my class was good. We did five projects, first two were colored pencil portraits (self and celebrity), then two watercolor landscapes and then two oil paintings, one a portrait and then we had to start a fantasy piece. Most people didn't finish. The one project I was pumped for too. And yeah...
I've used the projectors for every project in that class, which I love the projectors, but I really really really got bored from just copying photos constantly.

I hate thumbnails and being bound by a box so it makes me draw worse, I just sketch a whole bunch of stuff without any boundaries and fit what I can on each page and move onto the next. xD

With Molly, we have 5 projects too. And oil painting?! ;-; Never tried that in my life. Michael's is having a pretty big sale today, do you recommend any kind of brands and brushes/sizes I should get and what kind of ink pens? I heard Sakura Microns have gotten worse in their ink formula over the years and that maybe I should shoot for Staedtler liners. Sometimes I wait for the bigger sales at Michael's since Service Reproduction I don't find to be that much cheaper and I can use a coupon or a sale at Michael's and then it's like the same price or less...

Thanks for giving me insight on your overall Kendall experience. xD It's really helpful.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MehgoMeh Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Oh, man, I dunno, I like micron pens but I only use them once in a while. I can't really tell you what's better Dx

I know for a fact if you have Jon, you need Winsor Newton oils. And it has to be like, the highest grade. I bought Winsor Newton Wintons and he was like "fuuuu cheap paint". But I mean, whatever, it works. As for brushes, buy the cheapest ones possible. I say that because he make you buy these artist boards that are like sand paper, it's the worst.

I like Service alot but sometimes, they're not always the cheapest, though I think they're still having they're canvas sale that started in the summer.
Usually for paints, they're the same. Colored pencils, paper, other random supplies like sharpeners are SUPER cheap at Service. I've noticed prisma's are like, 35% cheaper at Service. But, things like Winsor Newton paints and stuff, I'd recommend looking online.
I bought paints for $45 online, got 12 tubes. The cost per tube was like $3.50 and normally, they're between $6-8. Never shy away from eBay, lol.

And no prob :]
I made friends with upperclassmen who did the same for me. I sucks being lost in the dark Dx
MehgoMeh
MehgoMeh
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum