Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Blue OOC

Go down

Eternal Blue OOC Empty Eternal Blue OOC

Post by KuroiSamurai Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 pm

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -Hunter S. Thompson

Introduction: In a world like ours, the only true crime is getting caught and in a den of thieves, that only crime becomes stupidity. Heliotoma is a giant melting pot of crime, with major syndicates all having powerful connections there. A big port city with drugs, guns and all sorts of illicit material flowing through it's ports like water in a river. Running freely, without worry and in many cases with open arms.

Our story starts and ends in Heliotoma, but goes everywhere else in between. Our start is the Captain's Journal of a specific man, who through his youth operated a 'delivery' company. Each log is detailed, and goes through the specific happenings of each delivery. Though some are mundane, others are spectacular, amazing and downright uncanny. Here is a man who was technically a modern-day pirate, and he would stare down gun barrel after gun barrel, blade after blade. We will experience this story, log by log until we're finished.

Come, let's go explore the Eternal Blue of this man's life.

Setting: Based in modern world of today. Heliotoma is a city in the Southwestern Tip of Malaysia. No magic, no magical sci-fi creations, merely just people. A bullet can kill someone very easily and a blade can do it just as quickly. Without immediate medical attention, even a single bullet hole in a critical area will kill a man. We're a delivery company trying to make it in a den of inequity, with criminals and sociopaths roaming the streets as citizens. We aim not to do a greater good by wiping them out or become one of them, we strive to be different, we strive to merely exist, to live as we do but to never throw away a sense of code that makes us who we are.

Organizations: Many criminal organizations exist in Heliotoma, the smaller ones number countless so the only ones listed will be the ones that are big, and have global and universal ties, not just local ones.

Triads: The Triads that work out of Heliotoma generally only work in Hong Kong, and not in Mainland China. The Triads are considered one of the strongest black operations in Heliotoma, mainly because of their leader; Chow Yang. Chow Yang was originally a detective before Hong Kong was reclaimed by China. Never the straightest edge but always the best at what he did, Chow Yang has taken his hard earned skills in the police to being one of the smartest and more suave leaders.

The Triads main game in Heliotoma is general smuggling, which ranges anything from drugs, guns to people.

The White Tigers: The Russian Mafia branch of Heliotoma are all military brats. All former soldiers of the army that fought in Afghanistan, these are all battle-hardened soldiers that are ready to take a beating. Their leader was their former battallion commander in the war. Former Spetsnaz Shock Trooper and man with an almost sick sense of humor. Pietro Romanov. As a soldier himself he is unrivaled, but as a leader and tactician, Pietro executes all his manuevers in a militaristic fashion: quick and deadly.

The Russians do heavy mercenary work as well as the minor prostitution, gambling and drug rings. However their work is usually outsourcing, they find themselves in foreign soil quite often fighting a war for someone else. In many ways, the White Tigers are more like a mercenary group than anything else.

Providence: The Irish mafia that was originally part of the terrorist cell that assaulted Britain for so many years. Eventually realizing all the bombs, threads and murdering they committed weren't doing their home country any good, they took their skills somewhere else...

As in anywhere else. Most of these men have been fighting the British SAS and Army for years, and most of them can hack it in any fist fight, hardened terrorists, yes but as criminasl the Irish are almost always lacking. They run only small time drugs and guns but how they make almost all their money is bomb making. The Irish knows how to make the best of them, and any explosion can be traced back to the Irish. The Irish thusly are known to be also quite defensive about their clientele and will always promise privacy.

Yakuza: The Yakuza are small in Heliotoma, only landing half a decade ago but already have the most buyers in the area of contract killers. Whether it's because of Japan's rich history of paid killers or silent murderers, the Yakuzas have a large pool of them to draw from. Though Freelancers are still more abundant, it's hard to get freelancers to work together and sometimes one needs more than just one crazy run and gunner. One needs a group of like-minded goal oriented men that work as a single cell.

The Vitellis: The primary Italian Mafia group inside Heliotoma, they operate out of Venice but have massive connections all over the world. If it weren't for the fact they were so close minded and old fashioned, they could easily be running the town. The Vitellis are run by head honcho Vincent Vitelli. Vitelli is an old fashioned man, close to his 70s but his ruled by a strong set of rules and code of conduct. Because of this, he especially respects Fei, despite him being 'a dirty chink'.

All Under Heaven: The Protagonists of our story will be the Captain and his crew, which will be aptly named as "All Under Heaven." Called just Heaven by other people, it means that this company does everything beneath the skies, any job big or small. The first "Log" will start out only two weeks since we started all working together.

There will be Seven Slots for the crew itself, but fret not, lots of slots will be open as Gang Leaders and other Antagonists. The 7 are as follow

Captain (taken)
First Mate (taken)
Medic (taken)
Recon
Femme Fatale
Mechanic (taken)
Driver

Despite each role being super 'pigeon-holed'. Don't fret, everyone is allowed their own abilities suitable to their job. Their primary focus is just the title though. Nothing says the Medic can't know a thing or two about computers or the Driver being an amazing cook. Don't just make skills needed for combat
The Captain himself will be Fei Long and the remainder of his crew will be applied for. The application form will look like this

Name:
Skills:
Personality
History

All entries WILL BE APPLIED VIA PM THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS

A thing to note, don't put too much in History when sending it. The history of your character is yours to own. Write out your own history, yes to better help yourself play your role, but don't show it. Show it in the roleplay itself. Don't just say in your history your character was in a great struggle for his life, show it. Show the aftermaths, show how that event changed your character. Show how the terrors AND joys of his or her life made them who they were. Same with the personality, just some basic things, nothing too major, develop it in the roleplay.

Camaraderie: The biggest thing about applying for a part of All Under Heaven is to understand the ultimate theme behind them is Camaraderie. Our heroes will feel like family by the end of the first "Chapter" of my Logs. Camaraderie has to foster, and anyone who goes in the way of being the lone wolf, I will immediately REMOVE from the roleplay. Sure you might be a bit quiet at dinner, but you'll quietly smile and know that these people that you kill, murder and do illegal activities with... are your family. And you stand by your family.

KuroiSamurai
Atom
Atom

Back to top Go down

Eternal Blue OOC Empty Re: Eternal Blue OOC

Post by KuroiSamurai Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:25 pm

People to be Played: These are the guys that need to be played. They are key players, usually head honchos and their direct underlings in each gang, and of course certain freelancers they have power in their own right in the city. The thing is, as aforementioned, not all of these guys will be played all the time, meaning you'll often be on call. I'll PM you, and I'll expect a promp return for answer. Though the general biography details are filled out along with some minor history, the major bosses will have no descriptions to their appearance or weapons choice (if they have one) that will be up to you my dear friends.

Unlike the original Under the Heaven cast, the biography will be at least moderately fleshed out, to make sure I point everyone in at least a direction I have prepped my logs for. Their general personality will be up to you as well. With the exception of Vincent Vitelli, everyone will be playing the actual mob bosses themselves. Now I have a crouching fear that not all of these jobs will be filled, and if that is the case I will try my best to make players already involved play as them, if absolutely necessary.

Justin Vitelli
Male
Biography: The Italian mob's head honcho, Vincent Vitelli is actually quite a reclusive man, and those is strict code of conduct and honor rules his family, he isn't always in Heliotoma, and thusly on the fly decisions aren't always made by him. It thusly falls to one of his Underboss and middle son: Justin. Justin grew up with every intention to take control of his father's business. His eldest brother in college for politics and his younger brother still in high school, Vitelli seems prime to take over the aging Vincent's. Opting to head the Vitellis in Heliotoma, the toughest place in the world instead of their hometown of New York was a choice that he thought would make him seem like he was strong beyond his age.

Justin has lots of power in the mob because of his father but he also knows to be humble. His consiglierge and Capos are all seasoned soldiers of his father's empire back home, and know Heliotoma quite well. Justin himself has only been in Malaysia for about a few years and thusly not all the soldiers in the family stationed in Heliotoma trusts his judgement costs.

Pietro Romanov
Biography: Don't let Pietro's age fool you, the man is a deadly fighter, both in hand-to-hand and is still a crackshot with any modern firearm. Pietro's skills were forged in the fires of Afghanistan and was a natural-born leader. All his men will die for him and he for them. Joining the Russian Mafia after Russia's campaign in the Afghanistan, Pietro's strong leadership skills allowed his group to emerge as the "White Tigers", unrelenting, fearless men who would do whatever it takes to do the job. Almost all their first jobs were almost always strike operations, destroying opposing gangs and the such. When the Russians wanted to plant a firm foot in Heliotoma, they knew the only man that can make sure that foot stays buried in the ground, and the other boot... right into the competition's face.

Irina Saranova
Biography: Looking more like she belongs on the runway strutting her stuff and showing off some designer's latest designs, Irina is more at home cleaning her gun and drinking with her comrades. Her fellow soldiers know though, don't try to get fresh with Irina, cause she is more than likely and able to bash your face in. Pietro's second in command and resident gunsmith, Irina is a complete and utter gun nut. On more than one occasion trading comments about different types and stylings of guns with the First mate of Under Heaven. She is friendly when needed to be, but can also be generally cold to those she don't know. Though she's young for her squad (lying about her age when joining the army) she doesn't look a day over thirty, and gets many comments about it. She absolutely hates it however, saying "On the field of war... looks mean nothing"

Yukiko Sawada
Female
Biography: It's hard to say how Yukiko came into power, but regardless her men and followers believe in her abilities and influence. Yukiko seems to be the 'warmest' of all the gang leaders, trying her best to have afternoon tea with her underbosses, occasionally going out for friendly dinner with Fei and having big celebrations annually for her men. Yet despite this, Yukiko has always gotten what she wanted. Yukiko is almost always liked by all the other gang bosses, further enforced by the fact that almost every month or so she visits a different one to have dinner and a quiet game of Poker.

She almost always wins.

Takahashi Kamata
Male
Biography: A strong enforcer from the streets of Japan. Takahashi built his reputation on being nothing less than the strongest fighter and brawler on the streets. No matter what the confrontation, with fists or with blades or even in shootouts, Takahashi makes sure he comes out on top. He was an orphan of the streets and was raised to take what he wanted when he wanted to and to always face the consequences if caught. Takahashi is one of the best hand to hand fighters in the city, especially for his age.

Chow Yang
Male
Biography: Former cop in Hong Kong, Chow has seen it all, numerous gangfights and shootings have made this man a battle-hardened soldier a match for any of the grunts in the White Tiger's outfit. Chow Yang is an efficient speaker and public relations, despite almost always at war with different gangs, Chow somehow finds time to go out and have a drink with most of the other bosses. The other bosses like him, and they generally try to not interfere with business. Chow will almost always insinuate "We're all here for the money, so let's try to do business like professionals."

Chow is relentless in his empire however, and he really is just a businessman. He does what he has to do , to make money, and if that involves killing a whole bunch of people... Well then let's just say to him, pulling a trigger is like signing a piece of paper, a businessman doesn't feel bad when he signs a paper that'll potentially bankrupt hundreds of people and put them out of their homes, potentially starve their kids. Chow feels the same when putting a bullet into someone's head.

Though not without a code of conduct and morales, Chow despises general foulplay that upsets his own personal honor code, though what that code is and how often it changes is subject to argument. One thing is certain, Chow does not harm women and children and in a direct confrontation, always makes sure the other man is armed.

Frank McLaughlin
Biography: Head boss of Providence, the Irish mob within Heliotoma, Frank can be described as a hard drinking ,hard working , working class Irish fuck. Frank grew up in Irish during the rough years, and fought his way up the mob corporate ladder with nothing more than balls of steel and the will to do absolutely anything. Frank joined the terrorist cell when he was eighteen not only because he wanted the learn the trade involved but also to know people that he knew would be in the mob business. Frank took control of a small squad and went toe to toe with real SAS Soldiers, the elite fighters of the British army. Frank even made it out alive with nothing more than a few bulletwounds and a crazy story. With that under his belt, Frank left the cell, grabbing many promising soldiers along with it and formed Providence. This is important, unlike the White Tigers, a military group turned black market, Providence is more of like a two part transformation. Everyone in Providence were soldiers trained by other terrorists, and thusly are truly mob men at heart. This also means another thing, Frank is the only one out of all the other gang leaders to have formed his own gang. Everyone else took their mantle from the previous leader, and that makes Frank both deadly and a bit green in the business.

ON CALL
More Original characters will be allowed when we approach different logs. Sometimes I'll need a rag tag group of mercenaries, a bunch of slave runners, and I'll need someone to head up that organization and run it. Don't be afraid to just apply in this forum, and say you're up for any "On Call" jobs. Frankly it'll let me know and I can ask you in advance.

Rules
--Strictly Moderated: If I PM you about something, you pay CLOSE attention to what I'm writing. 100% Control
--No God Modding, Meta Gaming.
--Posts are 1-2 Paragraphs minimum, unless for very good reason. If you find difficulty posting, contact me for ideas, I'll always try my best to apply promptly and with proper help
--Proper Grammar and Spelling
--READ OTHER PEOPLE'S POST DON'T RUN AND GUN
--I'll create a social group when it is time. I will invite you, do not fret

KuroiSamurai
Atom
Atom

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum