Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game, Dames and Guitar Thangs

2 posters

Go down

Game, Dames and Guitar Thangs Empty Game, Dames and Guitar Thangs

Post by Abstractionist Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 am

When in a band or an orchestra, you work as part of a unit - building off one another to build a vibe and stay in pocket. In some instances, stepping out of your role in the band comes in the form of showing off, selfishly placing yourself before the unit. In other instances, however, it is one's time to shine, a cog in a musical machina, just polished, shimmering brighter than the other cogs, if only for a minute. It might be hard to tell, but I'm speaking of the solo. The jazz musician's trumpet solo or the classicist's piano solo can move millions, both physically and spiritually. But, the instrument I want to focus on is the guitar and more specifically, the musicians that have a natural affinity for it.

Basically, talk about your favorite Guitar Solo moment from your favorite guitarist. And go into detail, please. I'll ramble off mine later.
Abstractionist
Abstractionist
Admin
Admin

https://chitincircuit.wixsite.com/website

Back to top Go down

Game, Dames and Guitar Thangs Empty Re: Game, Dames and Guitar Thangs

Post by Nifster Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:47 am

Great Abstro. Now I gotta dig through my music files for this. But if there is one song I have to remember clearly with an epic guitar solo, it would be Lee Kyung Won's Tekken II which I'm sure I've made you listen to before. I'll certainly never forget it for the rest of my life— I hope.

1:26 and on is an epic-fest. That's probably where I'd say he starts to stand out most in the song. Perhaps he's not quite the best performer as in to entertain, but I believe all of that soul surges on through the musical notes he spits out. Not to mention he's doing this in a chair.

I mean, I'll let the music speak for itself and I can't say much more. When that guitar just sounds like it's echoing out into the world, you can just feel it. He's badass.

Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abstractionist Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:05 am

That was boss, Nifty. He...reminds me of Hiro. ANYWAYS, after a hot minute, I'm finally responding in my own thread. My favorite Guitarist is, surprisingly, not Jimi Hendrix. However, my favorite guitarist was heavily inspired by the man, emulating the Voodoo Chile's psychedelic stylings often. Eddie Hazel - the legendary guitarist from the psychedelic, funk band aptly named Funkadelic.

In a previous thread, I had provided a link to a video of an auxiliary guitarist of the band performing their signature guitar solo, Maggot Brain. This is one of my favorite guitar solos, easily. HOWEVER, I'm going to tell you my hidden secret favorite guitar solo by Funkadelic, and thus being my favorite guitar solo of all time [since, if you haven't noticed, I fucking love Funkadelic]. I had first heard a cover of the song by soul saviour D'Angelo and jazz legend in the making Roy Hargrove. Together, they performed a legendary cover of "I'll Stay". In recent months, I've been scouring the annals of Black music and coming across the beautiful soul-funk-rock fusion that is Funkadelic.

What I admire about older songs is that they're long - not for the sake of being long songs, but because of the drugs indulgent nature of an artist. Now, I'll silence myself and allow Eddie Hazel's guitar to speak in volumes about his skill.

Abstractionist
Abstractionist
Admin
Admin

https://chitincircuit.wixsite.com/website

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum