Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Trafficking

4 posters

Go down

Human Trafficking Empty Human Trafficking

Post by Nifster Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:29 am

If you don't know what human trafficking is, that's pretty ignorant of you. Ignorance is bliss after all.

More slavery occurs today than at any other point in time in our history. Given though, our population is bigger now.

Here is a story of a couple South African girls I'd like to share with you:

South Africa's New Slave Trade and the Campaign to Stop It

During a three-week investigation into human-trafficking syndicates operating near two stadiums, I found a lucrative trade in child sex. The children, sold for as little as $45, can earn more than $600 per night for their captors. "I'm really looking forward to doing more business during the World Cup," said a trafficker.

HIV-positive survivors described how traffickers used gang rape, drug provision, sleep deprivation and torture to "break" new children on the fifth floor; the fourth floor featured an illegal abortion clinic. On other floors, as many as four girls slept on a single mattress.

Fucking children, man.

What are your thoughts on human trafficking? All I can say is it's beyond a sick industry. Especially with children who obviously rake more than the older slaves. $600 USD a day. That's something. The World Cup would no doubt bring in more business to the bastards that keep them captive. South Africa isn't the only place where outsiders no to go for their needs. Asia, namely Thailand and the Philippines (of course there's others) has plenty, so does Ukraine being a tourist hot spot. I don't think there is enough help for these people.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

Human Trafficking Empty Re: Human Trafficking

Post by Roxanne Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:30 am

This makes me sick to my stomach, I literally feel ill. The fact that this business is booming scares and angers me. Little girls and boys being used like that? It makes me wonder why such things have to go on when, if given enough effort and attention--it could be lessened. Maybe not completely stopped but at least diminished or maybe even prevented to some degree.

Reading those words only made the plight of these kids more glaringly apparent to me..It really reminds me of how sick and twisted some people can be and much harder we have to work to make sure these lost lives aren't forgotten.

Roxanne
Atom
Atom

Back to top Go down

Post by Oz Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 am

"I'm really looking forward to doing more business during the World Cup."

It's statements like that, within it's situation, that really puts me at awe of how people can possibly be this way. I just don't understand how someone could be so evil and talk about it like it's nothing.
Oz
Oz
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Legacy Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Oz wrote:"I'm really looking forward to doing more business during the World Cup."

It's statements like that, within it's situation, that really puts me at awe of how people can possibly be this way. I just don't understand how someone could be so evil and talk about it like it's nothing.

I would like to say this before I say anything else: I do not believe in this treachery. Human Trafficking truly breaks my heart, it is wrong to the level that it scars the soul, in my honest opinion, but the devil's advocate must be put in place for this conversation to continue.

I hate this subject, I truly do. If I were to be back in the 1700's when slavery was legal, I would be the person who lived in the north that made trips to the south to buy slaves simply to free them up north. But to say that you cannot understand how someone could be so cruel is simply being ignorant.

Slavery provides civilization many different things, and not just some sick satisfaction on the personal level. The economy would enjoy a great boost in the positive direction if slavery was legalized in many places. In China, it is legal to sell your kid off to slavery until he or she is of age, in fact, it is advocated. You think they are quickly becoming the world's economic superpower because they have the same rights America does? Cheap labor. That's why many organizations here risk allowing illegal immigrants work for them. It's cheap, and free is as cheap as it gets.

Corporations don't give a damn about you. They don't give a damn about me. But they do care about the money that you give them, and they don't want to give it away. Whether it is to someone working under them, or for a maid, or in some, absolutely disgusting circumstances, for sex.

THIS is why slavery exists today. Greed is the sin that fuels slavery. Do not be ignorant as to why. Know why. Knowledge is power, and the more power you have, the easier it will be to stop these things. Knowing why is the first step.

As a man who hates what these men do, I wish I could throw a party for them. Bring them all into one place.

Then detonate a nuclear warhead right beneath them, as an example for anyone who wishes to try again.
Legacy
Legacy
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum