Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please*

+5
Sparkles
Cloud
Abstractionist
Nifster
Silk
9 posters

Go down

The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please* Empty The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please*

Post by Silk Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 am

No spoilers, cause it's not out at where I am yet(31st of Dec can't come soon enough). This will be the first Disney movie I get to see at the cinema, very excited here. Been hearing positive reviews.
Silk
Silk
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please* Empty Re: The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please*

Post by Nifster Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 am

I've also read mostly positive reviews however I believe this animation will shortly be overshadowed by the likes of the new Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (I never saw the former movie nor have a desire to). To be honest though, I'm more interested in seeing The Avatar. No, not Airbender Aang.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please* Empty Re: The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please*

Post by Abstractionist Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 am

I'm excited for The Prince and the Frog as well. I was thinking of taking my cousins when I get my next paycheck, as they, being 3 and 5 respectively haven't really seen a traditional Disney film since being around. On top of it, they're little Sistas, so it will be cool seeing an "African-American Princess that lives up to the tradition of Disney Classics and told with cultural sensitivity and finesse". I hope that Disney continues to make old school cartoon movies instead of this..Hannah Montana, Suite Life style work. I don't like seeing humans from Disney. They suck. I'd rather stare at cartoons.
Abstractionist
Abstractionist
Admin
Admin

https://chitincircuit.wixsite.com/website

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am

Actually, if they were really old school Disney movies, there would be no sistas as Princesses. Disney cartoons have always been racist to the max.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Abstractionist Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:40 am

Cloud wrote:Actually, if they were really old school Disney movies, there would be no sistas as Princesses. Disney cartoons have always been racist to the max.

Not quite. Remember Song of the South? That was so politically correct, it hurt.

The Princess and The Frog *no spoilers please* Uncle-remus

"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"
Abstractionist
Abstractionist
Admin
Admin

https://chitincircuit.wixsite.com/website

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:42 am

You are right. That's not a cartoon though. So there has to be some exceptions. I mean they even did him a favor and didn't let him go to the premiere.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 pm

I actually genuinely want to see this. However, I doubt my younger siblings are going to pick this over that rubbish Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and I don't think I could convince the majority of my friends to go. It definitely looks like it'll be a classic, though.

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Nifster wrote:Hybrid + Higher Than A Skyscraper

Silly eff dee. :3

EDIT: I was wondering where my post went! xD Sorreh.

—Niffy

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Veldrose Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Actually, my roommates and I saw it the day it hit theaters because we're such Disney movie nerds. At least as far as I'm concerned, you will not be disappointed. We pretty much loved it all- right down to the fun musical numbers.

Although it's not exactly traditional as the princess in question has brains, a personality, and has motives to do something else with her life besides wait around and catch the eye of Prince Charming over there. I found it really refreshing.
Veldrose
Veldrose
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyn_Faedana Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:06 am

Ditto on what Veldrose said. I didn't find the songs as addictive as I had hoped, but it's really good regardless. I'm actually planning to go see it again with the family once I go back home for the holidays. And repetition of the songs will probably make them even more enjoyable and eventually staples of my family, which often breaks out into Hakuna Matata and other Disney songs at a moment's notice.
Allyn_Faedana
Allyn_Faedana
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashimaro Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:35 am

This looks really cute, although I probably wont see it in theaters. It's kind of weird to think Disney hasn't had any black heroines yet. Or a big cartoon animated movie in a long time. I love how gorgeous CG movies are, but it's nice to see that they're still thinking about ones that are cartoon based, at least this time. I thought it was a little sad how much criticism they had to go through for this movie though, some of it was ridiculous.

Mashimaro
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by ync Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:37 am

i enjoyed it, but it was too clean for me, the animation anyways
i love when you watch older 2-d animated films of disney you can see the rough sketch every other frame or so. The film is beautiful and it's refreshing, but to me it was over the top cliche, which i know disney does, but...it seemed to forced to me.
ync
ync
Space Dust
Space Dust

http://ync.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum