Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XIII

+5
Nifster
Silk
Allyn_Faedana
./Sythensia
Abstractionist
9 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Empty Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Abstractionist Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:43 am

In fewer than 12 hours, another chapter in the monolithic series will be released in Japan. How many of you are looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII's NA/EU release in March, and how any of you are impatient and will import that ish ASAP?

I, for one, never liked Final Fantasy games. BUT, something about Final Fantasy XIII looks appetizing. Definitely looking forward to that. Def'nitely.
Abstractionist
Abstractionist
Admin
Admin

https://chitincircuit.wixsite.com/website

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by ./Sythensia Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:50 am

Needs more versus, also FF name has way to much hype around it, the games are just okay.

NEEDS MOAR RIMES.
./Sythensia
./Sythensia
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyn_Faedana Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:53 am

I'm excited about it. And may possibly be getting a 360 for Christmas, so I'll actually be able to play some of the new gen games that aren't on the Wii.
Allyn_Faedana
Allyn_Faedana
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Silk Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:58 am

I was excited when they first announced it years ago. Now, not so much, especially given a preview of the chars now(they're all on angst pill to me). Still waiting on Versus, but I think they'll be the same.
Silk
Silk
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:44 am

I haven't been watching the trailers to XIII but I hear some of its kinda cheesy. To be honest, I've always been more interested in Versus. I'm hoping Versus is better. However...

Final Fantasy XIII Tgs2_09

Final Fantasy XIII Final-fantasy-xiii-ps3-lightning-im

I kinda want a white triple hard after this. But, a Versus version would just make me bend over backwards.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:25 am

I'm probably going to get it on the PS3. Don't want 100 discs, plus it might have some kind of capability for linking up with Versus. Which we are all going to get because it is "adults" Kingdom Hearts. Probably.

But I need it one the PS3. It's a Sony.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by MehgoMeh Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 am

I have no idea if I'll ever play it unless my roommate buys it since she owns our apartment PS3 :P
I'm interested in the Playarts figures though >_>
MehgoMeh
MehgoMeh
Rock
Rock

http://mehgomeh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:02 pm

FFXII was a huge disappointment. Any game whose only selling point is the fact that I want to have a threeway with two of the characters is a game that's definitely doing something wrong. I mean, under normal circumstances I would love Ashe (you know, my having a penis and all), but despite the fact that she puts a new definition to 'mini-skirt', her character is so deplorably bitchy that I have a hard time getting it up.

My standards aren't going to be high for this game. I've definitely begun to lose hope with the series. Then again, I could be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this/these games(s), but I'm not going to even bother holding my breath.

Also, if I didn't have a nasty, finger-print laden black hole that did everything that Sony's new creamy goddess does, I would be all over the new PS3. 'Cause that thing looks damn sexy. White's totally the new black.

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Abstractionist Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 am

Final Fantasy XIII Unknown_01

Versus > ...not Versus.
Abstractionist
Abstractionist
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Sparkles wrote:FFXII was a huge disappointment. Any game whose only selling point is the fact that I want to have a threeway with two of the characters is a game that's definitely doing something wrong. I mean, under normal circumstances I would love Ashe (you know, my having a penis and all), but despite the fact that she puts a new definition to 'mini-skirt', her character is so deplorably bitchy that I have a hard time getting it up.

My standards aren't going to be high for this game. I've definitely begun to lose hope with the series. Then again, I could be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this/these games(s), but I'm not going to even bother holding my breath.

Also, if I didn't have a nasty, finger-print laden black hole that did everything that Sony's new creamy goddess does, I would be all over the new PS3. 'Cause that thing looks damn sexy. White's totally the new black.

I personally didn't play Final Fantasy XII outside of an in-store demo because I did not want to play an offline MMORPG, even if it is set in the Final Fantasy Tactics universe.

Not sure if the last paragraph is referencing the PS3 Slim, PSP Go (God forbid) or a prostitute that a pimp named Sony sends out.

Apparently Final Fantasy XIII is extremely linear. In terms of story, that is fine. It's a Japanese RPG. I know what to expect. But apparently the maps are also extremely linear, which is totally not cool. I don't think the story is about Female Cloud trying to get some Final Fantasy XIII 722568 at the end of a tunnel and will fight Final Fantasy XIII 679412 to get it.

However, Versus, XII, and whatever that PSP business is will all be taking place in the same universe. I want to know the whole story. Like why did Final Fantasy XIII 57169 end up in a tunnel to get Final Fantasy XIII 583434? Plot twists. That's how.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by ./Sythensia Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 pm

So much rage we dont get a sexy white trey.

I WANT MOAR WHITE IN MY CONSOLES SEGA SATURN JDM EDITION STARTED THIS HUNGER IN ME AND DREAMCAST FEED IT NOW I NEED MORE NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM WHITE!
./Sythensia
./Sythensia
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Cloud wrote:Not sure if the last paragraph is referencing the PS3 Slim, PSP Go (God forbid) or a prostitute that a pimp named Sony sends out.

The FFXII PS3 Slim. ;3

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by ./Sythensia Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:18 pm

The whole game is completely linear until halfway through [approximately 20 hours].
There are hardly any towns.
The party is always fixed. The whole game just repeats the movie-battle sequence over and over [In fact the progression is closer to movie-run-battle-run-movie-boss-movie-run-battle…].
There are rather a lot of movies.
Moving around is like a long marathon.
The whole game system is just a clone of FF10.
You can’t flee battles [You can’t avoid most battles either as there is no sneaking past enemies, including weak ones].
Your party is completely healed after each battle.
If the main character in your party dies it is game over [There are only ever 3 characters in battle, often less, and often fixed].
The best tactic is almost always endlessly attacking. There is next to no strategy or skill involved.
The summons’ transformation scenes are a joke [i.e. Odin turning into a horse].
The story is rubbish… [Spoilers omitted, but complaints centre on Snow’s constant and cringe inducing insistence that he is a hero and will “protect” whatever it is the antagonists are menacing this time]
Shopping is only done at “online” shops on save points, with no proper shops to be found.
However, this doesn’t matter as you hardly ever get any money [and you can never buy anything more powerful than what you already looted].
There have been next to no changes from the demo.
The status screen displays no real information.
There are only 8 items usable in combat [For that matter, there are hardly any weapons or accessories, and the “crafting” system mostly consists of spending drops to upgrade their 2 stats].
There are no levels.
With all their advertising money, just how was it they failed even to get Famitsu to give full points?

Complaints from japanese about ff13 lol.
./Sythensia
./Sythensia
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Abstractionist Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:56 pm

xD It sounds more like and interactive movie than a vidya gaym. Too bad I preordered it already. >____> WHATEVER! I'm going to have fun running in a straight line and button mashing, just you watch.
Abstractionist
Abstractionist
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ./Sythensia Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:06 am

Final Fantasy XIII Final-fantasy-xiii-extreme-linearit
./Sythensia
./Sythensia
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Enix Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:05 pm

You know, I wanna play it now just to see how bad the linear play would pan out.
Enix
Enix
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:45 am

No levels? You can't level up at all? What kind of crap is that.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:10 am

I've never really understood why designers feel the need to fuck up something that isn't broken. If you really have to, touch it up and make it look prettier. I mean, really. I play more old school games from the 90's than I do new releases because they don't try too hard to be thirty times more special (and, in most cases, "special" ends up being mentally retarded) than everyone else. I'd rather pay $150 for a "like new" Suikoden 2 than buy three new games.

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Silk Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:39 am

What were the designers doing with all the time they had? Ugh, I was going to give this one a try if the system is fun. They've spent too much on 'video' than 'game'.
Silk
Silk
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:34 am

Those complaints on FF13 makes me crie and wish it were better. That's it, if Versus gets out on the Circle, I would not even consider a Triple.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Holy shit. Looking at the whole XIII series of games, it seems that the basis of the project was "What if Final Fantasy VII spinoffs were other things?" And so they did. Console versions want battles like Advent Children, apparently Agito has a battle system similar to Crisis Core.

I mean it seems like everyone is looking forward to Versus more than XIII. Nobody even knows anything about the game. Except that the Square-Enix said "This game is going to be dark as shit" and "Versus XIII's gameplay will be a realistic derivation of Kingdom Hearts's battle system with some elements of a third-person shooter aspect. " I am hoping it will be Gears of War, except that the bullets fire swords.

I went to GameFAQs to see how people were reacting. I saw three particular things that annoyed me.

1. People replying sarcastically to the negative response of to how linear it was, and to the overuse of the word linear.
2. The topic "are there many blacks"
3. the topic "Maybe square will fix the game's linearity with lotsa hot yaoi".

Yeah. Like there isn't any Yaoi that isn't hot I could eat all of that up om nom nom nom what the fuck. Upon viewing the thread, I found that the person fantasized about a male lighting. So they are fantasizing about the male version of a female version of a male character. I am no scientologist, but I think they should cut out the middle man and commit suicide.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down