Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoD: MW2

4 posters

Go down

CoD: MW2 Empty CoD: MW2

Post by Shone-O.o Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 am

A whole sack a shit. Review done!

No, but seriously, this game has so many issues that CoD4 didn't it really amazes me. How can you come from something that was ALMOST perfect and try to change everything into something new that basically shat on all their customers. Two years of work for a 6 hours campaign that's more cliche than a Uwe Boll movie. Spec Ops is actually noteworthy, so yay there. Why online is lacking in 20 ways more than 1. I suggest renting this game if any of you even care or even play FPS, but I doubt it lol. But everything about this game really isn't worth it because it doesn't even feel like Call of Duty anymore.
Shone-O.o
Shone-O.o
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

CoD: MW2 Empty Re: CoD: MW2

Post by &&A u g u s t Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:01 am

its not suppose to be a call of duty titile anymore

infinity ward is pushing modern warfare series

imo all work that was put into this game was for online
&&A u g u s t
&&A u g u s t
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:46 am

The single player campaign was great. Spec-Ops was alright. Multiplayer is fun, but most of the maps are ass. And Infinity Ward seems hellbent on punishing those who do bad, and rewarding those that do great in the match.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Shone-O.o Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:09 am

It still says Call of Duty on it, so its still Call of Duty to me. And yes most of the work was for online, but they put too much work into, if that's even possible, or not enough. There's hitbox and net code issues out the ass. I love dying behind a wall only to have my body teleport back to the alleyway I had just left.

I agree the Campaign was good, but could of had alot more. The online awards the wrong people. It's a campers paradise. The levels were for a more tactical feel to the game, but if I want tactical I'll play Rainbowsix, thanks. This game caters to noobs, and there's no doubt there. 11 killstreak rewards that come from a 4 killstreak reward, dumb. Its noob friendly and you can't deny it. lol
Shone-O.o
Shone-O.o
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:22 am

I wasn't really impressed with the selection of weapons. I only played a few matches with my uncle and brother, so I can't comment on the large scale multiplayer, but the lack of gun options really disappointed me. It seemed like the FAMAS outdid every other weapon out there and the dual-wielding option that came with the shield was just silly and obsolete. I definitely don't want CoD to turn into Halo with all the dual-wielding. Otherwise, I thought the map selection was nice. There were several maps that I genuinely enjoyed playing on, which is a definite step up from MW1.

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by &&A u g u s t Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:30 am

yeah i agree infinity ward downgraded the ability to play mw2, it takes no skill to play the game rofl

and @ sparkles

each gun has like 12 attachments you can put on rofl
im guessing youve only used the beginning classes that you already get?
&&A u g u s t
&&A u g u s t
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Shone-O.o wrote:It still says Call of Duty on it, so its still Call of Duty to me. And yes most of the work was for online, but they put too much work into, if that's even possible, or not enough. There's hitbox and net code issues out the ass. I love dying behind a wall only to have my body teleport back to the alleyway I had just left.

I agree the Campaign was good, but could of had alot more. The online awards the wrong people. It's a campers paradise. The levels were for a more tactical feel to the game, but if I want tactical I'll play Rainbowsix, thanks. This game caters to noobs, and there's no doubt there. 11 killstreak rewards that come from a 4 killstreak reward, dumb. Its noob friendly and you can't deny it. lol

No, I deny it. The game seems unbalanced in the sense of how much in it favors people who have played it longer. For example, if you just started playing online you will be swamped with people leagues above you. They will have better skills that they probably upgraded. Same with the weapons. Whereas if you just join you cannot even create a new class at first. The game doesn't even seem to resort to sorting by rank or skill level. Which is strange, as Halo has this and it doesn't need it nearly as much as Modern Warfare does.

The camping in the game is ridiculous. Some people are very good at it too. It's ridiculous that people do it in objective based games like Sabotage or Capture the flag.

Sparkles the One Eyed Wonder Weasel wrote:I wasn't really impressed with the selection of weapons. I only played a few matches with my uncle and brother, so I can't comment on the large scale multiplayer, but the lack of gun options really disappointed me. It seemed like the FAMAS outdid every other weapon out there and the dual-wielding option that came with the shield was just silly and obsolete. I definitely don't want CoD to turn into Halo with all the dual-wielding. Otherwise, I thought the map selection was nice. There were several maps that I genuinely enjoyed playing on, which is a definite step up from MW1.

I think the opposite. While I thought somewhat similar to you when I first played, after playing for awhile I realized how bad the maps were. There are only a few that are enjoyable. A lot of them are terrible on different game types. There are quite a few guns. I used the FAMAS a lot at first. My friend hated it. I started to use other guns and found that a few of them were good.

Duel Wielding is not that bad. The best one to use (and the one you will see frequently) is The Ranger or Model 1887 if you have it unlocked. They just have a really short range. They are pretty much an instant kill though. Duel P90s and others work well too, but you don't see too much of that. It's not like Halo because of Duel Wielding. They do have sticky grenades though, but it doesn't seem as easy to stick people. But it is hilarious/awesome when you do.
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Shone-O.o Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:20 am

Well, yeah, people with higher skill will get the upper hand, but it's really a no skilled game. It's more of a who sees who first wins.

The Assault rifles do not have sway like they use to and lack any kind of recoil. The ACR is basically a hose and seems to do way more damage than it actually shows.

The maps are bad, some are fun like Highrise, Rundown, and Skidrow, but if its not those maps, its one big camp-a-thon.

Duel Wielding is stupid in this game, srsly? It shouldn't of ever been put in. At least they nerfed the 1887s and now they're useless for sniping people. =D
Shone-O.o
Shone-O.o
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum