Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gigantic

Go down

Gigantic Empty Gigantic

Post by ./Sythensia Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Gigantic Gigantic_iw

Been really into indie movies lately, figure I'd share a few of my favorite titles with the forums.
Love exposure is still the best media i've seen and nothing has come close yet, anyway the movie i just watched was called "Gigantic" Again i went into this movie without any knowledge about the movie or cast or even a general premise or genre.

Gigantic has surprised me, it was very enjoyable. It did have a few parts that irked me here and there, but overall a very nicely done film.

Gigantic is well worth your time spent watching it.
It's shot beautifully. It has some great performances that create genuine laughs, not from absurdity for its own sake or from cheesy one-liners, but from the performance choices themselves and from the character development.The entire cast is wonderful, and I personally look forward to whatever Aselton (director) does next.

The best part of the movie is even with its normal setting and average plot without anything really happening it creates this feeling of weary the entire file, an almost omminous feeling of something forlorn in the near future. This kept me intrested the entire movie wondering what all the foreshadowing was for.

That was also my biggest let down, when at the end of the film the ending seemed to be pretty open ended and was kind of a big let down.

Even with the ending being sub par at best, the film is just a treat to watch. The camera work mainly the scene composition always stood out to me, everything was just really a treat to look at, it did help i was watching it in HD making it very vibrant and everything seemed to pop.

Check it out if your into Indie flicks I'd recommend it but if you get bothered by points being left open for interpretation then you might be bothered by a lot of this films plot.
./Sythensia
./Sythensia
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum