Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Failure...

4 posters

:: Acropolis :: Abyss

Go down

Food Failure... Empty Food Failure...

Post by ./Sythensia Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:43 am

So this morning my brother was making some eggs for his kids and so i get the idea that i also want to eat eggs, only i don't want nasty poached or fried eggs or anything like that.

What i want is tamagoyaki, So i casually mention how i want some to my brother and he tells me how we have everything we need to make it here...I get happy and decide to try my hand at making them.

Long story short they are slightly burned but still taste pretty good.

Recipe of how I made it.

tamagoyaki

——————————

4 eggs.

2 tbs sugar.

1 tbs mirin.

1 tbs soy sauce.

30 ml Dashi.

oil.

you will need a nonstick square pan, Hashi(chopsticks) and spatula(optional) to help to turn the egg, a folded up paper towel to wipe the pan with oil before each new layer of egg.

Set aside a small bowl of oil with the rolled up paper towel for wiping the pan with oil.beat everything together other then the oil. brush the heated pan with a little oil and pour about 1/4 of the egg mixture into the pan. cook over low heat until the bottom is dry and the top is still runny. Roll the egg with your hashi (or spatula) to one side of the pan. Brush the pan with a little more oil. put another 1/4 of egg mixture in. Spread it around, lift the egg up so the new mixture can get under the cooked egg. cook until ready to roll, then roll to the other side. repeat until the mixture is used up. Turn the heat up to lightly color the egg a little on all sides, do not over cook the egg. Let cool a little, cut into thick slices and serve. or let cool and serve it at room temperature.

Remember to move the egg to the far end of the square pan (with the slight angle) to make the rolling easier after each roll. also don’t over beat the mixture until it gets all foamy it doesnt work as well this way.
-

This is just the way i make it, not sure if this is right or not just i like how it tastes i learned from my mistakes and wrote this up to remind myself how to make it the way i like. the reason i failed this time was because i had the heat way to high as i thought the egg had to be cooked from top to bottom but i did not realized the egg has to be slightly runny on top so it sticks together when rolled.

Rolling the egg is also very hard at first, But i cant wait to make it again.
./Sythensia
./Sythensia
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Food Failure... Empty Re: Food Failure...

Post by Nifster Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:38 am

Nice chef!

If a person cannot cook eggs, they should never be a chef. Ever.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashimaro Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:51 am

^ Oobles just ruined my life dream.

Mashimaro
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 am

desudesudesudesudesu
Cloud
Cloud
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Acropolis :: Abyss

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum