Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Banner Choices

+2
Allyn_Faedana
Nifster
6 posters

Go down

Forum Banner Choices Empty Forum Banner Choices

Post by Nifster Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:15 pm

I'll probably be the only driving force behind adding new banners (until there are volunteers) at the top of this site. ./Sythensia has brought up the idea in its earliest conception of this forum to have randomly rotating banners. Basically every time you visit the forum, the banner changes. It'll also randomly change if you hit the "Refresh" button.

All I'm asking is, what do you want up there? Truly, it can be almost anything and does not have to be Kingdom Hearts related. As that is not the theme of this forum really at all. Keep it tasteful. Something a lot of us can appreciate.

I'm really open to anything and if you can provide pictures, that'll be great too. Forum Banner Choices 865437

Again if you volunteer, let us know in this thread. The banner size should be 800 pixels in width and 155 pixels in height and must in someway, depict the words "Khatam".
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

http://novureyouth.com/

Back to top Go down

Forum Banner Choices Empty Re: Forum Banner Choices

Post by Allyn_Faedana Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:58 am

Oooo. That'd be really cool! I might be able to put something together... need to make a sig/avi set anyways, so I'm all ready to work on photoshop stuff.

Also... how do you make it do that random thing? Flash? HTML? How can I make that work in my sig, since I see you have that going on. (and it's totally awesome, by the way.)
Allyn_Faedana
Allyn_Faedana
Space Dust
Space Dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:15 am

Allyn_Faedana wrote:Oooo. That'd be really cool! I might be able to put something together... need to make a sig/avi set anyways, so I'm all ready to work on photoshop stuff.

Also... how do you make it do that random thing? Flash? HTML? How can I make that work in my sig, since I see you have that going on. (and it's totally awesome, by the way.)

I'm pretty sure FD's using this for her sig, but I think that the actual banner can be done fairly easily with CSS or Java. Definitely not HTML, though. That won't do it alone.

I really like this idea, although the current banner is gooorgeous.

Last edited by Sparkles on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:25 am

I'm not sure how it works. I just use this site.

http://www.random-image.net/

Then all you gotta do is input that link behind image tags.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Legacy Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:33 am

Hmm...

Perhaps we could have a new banner every month? And use the contests for that?
Legacy
Legacy
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkles Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 am

A monthly graphics contest seems a bit too restrictive, you know? It's a good idea and I'm sure it'd be fun, but I think we've all seen how a competition of that sort can die out from a lack of interest. I wouldn't want to see this idea go unrealized just because people feel daunted by the idea of having deadlines and rules for a competition rather than have everything be something along the lines of just volunteering work if and when they're interested. Just a thought.

Sparkles
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashimaro Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:56 am

I think alternating banners is a really neat idea. A new banner every month works out, too, because it gives people time to make them. ^^ Maybe we could make a banner a month and accumulate some to alternate as you travel on the site.

Mashimaro
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:05 am

The thing with contests is... A lack of participation. I can sense just getting one entry or two. We can spend that time setting something up but when it comes to enter, how many people will? Especially with our current number of members, it's just not worth while right now. If you let people volunteer, sure there's no guarantee of submission but the same goes for a contest. But it gives more free time to make a banner when the time is most ripe, not defined through a contest.

I think cycling the banners would be more fun than to be stuck with one image per month. It's like you see it for a month and bam, you throw it out the window for the next best thing. Now there would come a time when it's best to remove some of the older images in the cycle of course to make way for new ones.

Judging by who has stepped forward, it seems like Ally, besides me, is the only one willing of making something. I know there are more capable, but not willing at the moment.

Seriously guys, throw out some ideas of things you want to see up there.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ./Sythensia Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Bleh, I tried to make something for a banner.

Used whatever images i had on my computer at the time of making it.

felt like using photoshop.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/-Solace-/KHATAM.jpg

the focal point is allover the place and it just feels shit to me. but whatever,
./Sythensia
./Sythensia
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:46 pm

It's funky and I still like it. Seems like the focal point is the character on the right because of that strong shape contrast. I'll put it up. :B

This is great, as we have three banners up now. Latest one from Abstractionist. :B Hooray for teh SOUL KONEKKSHUN.

Forum Banner Choices 227497
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashimaro Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:30 am

I <3 the banners! The alternating is really neat. ^^d

Mashimaro
Rock
Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Legacy Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:11 am

If I can grab some time on Photoshop, I'll try to make one. Should we have a set size for the banner?
Legacy
Legacy
Granular Substance
Granular Substance

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifster Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 am

Yeah, changing banners is refreshing to see.

Legacy wrote:If I can grab some time on Photoshop, I'll try to make one. Should we have a set size for the banner?

800 x 155 please.
Nifster
Nifster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down